Skip to Main Content
Navigated to University Transfer of Credit Policies and Procedures.

University Transfer of Credit Policies and Procedures

For students transferring to Parker University, the Registrar will evaluate all post-secondary transcripts for transferable credit and will calculate the applicant’s Parker University transfer grade-point average from the submitted transcripts. Transfer credit becomes part of the students record at Parker University, therefore is included on institutional transcripts. Credit is transferred on a course-by-course basis as applicable toward the students chosen program. In some instances, such as articulation agreements and participation in “teach out” programs, credit from another institution may be awarded in whole rather than course by course.

The policy for determining equivalency or transfer credit between educational institutions in Texas has been set by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB). Using a Texas Common Course Numbering System (TCCNS), a uniform set of course designations for lower-division academic courses, has been cooperatively agreed upon by institutions of higher education in Texas. The use of the TCCNS determines course equivalencies and promotes consistency in the evaluation process.

The Registrar may complete a temporary evaluation from unofficial transcripts; however, only courses listed on official transcripts receive permanent transfer credit. Official transcripts must be received within a student's first term of enrollment or no transfer credits will be officially granted. It is the student’s responsibility to request that official transcripts be sent from all prior post-secondary institutions to the Office of Admissions at Parker University. Failure to provide official transcripts in the first term of enrollment will prevent a student from being registered for subsequent terms. Students have the option to fill out a transcript authorization/release form available in the Registrar’s Office to allow Parker to attempt to request transcripts on a student’s behalf.

Parker University does not guarantee acceptance of credits from any other institution. It may be necessary for students to forfeit previously earned credit in the transfer process since university philosophies, objectives and programs may vary and change from year to year.

Articulation Agreements

Parker University recognizes transfer credit from institutions that have approved articulation agreements with the university.

Veteran Transfer of Credits

A Veterans Affairs benefit recipient has the responsibility to report all previous education and training to Parker University. The university evaluates the information and grants appropriate credit, with training time and tuition reduced proportionally. The veteran student and the Veterans Administration are notified.

Transfer of Parker Credit to Other Institutions

Students who are interested in continuing their education at an institution other than Parker University should first make inquiry at the institution they plan to attend to determine credits and requirements needed for entrance to that institution. Transferability of credits is at the discretion of a receiving institution. Parker University cannot assure transfer of credit.

Transient Students

Undergraduate students attending another university, who are in good standing, may take up to eight hours as a transient student to transfer back to the primary university. Student must provide a letter of good standing from the primary institution, current official transcript from the primary university, complete an application for admission to Parker University, pay all appropriate fees, and receive approval from the appropriate Dean or Vice Provost.